• Diamonds of the Night – a filmed appreciation by Peter Hames.
• Intimate Lighting – a filmed interview with director Ivan Passer.
• The Cremator – a filmed appreciation by the Quay Brothers.
• Presented in digital transfers with restored picture and sound.
• New and improved English subtitle translations.
• Booklets with each film, featuring essays by writer and film historian Michael Brooke, writer/broadcaster Phillip Bergson and writer/producer Daniel Bird.
Jan Němec's acclaimed film The Party and the Guests, voted by New York critics as one of the best films of the 1960s, and
Juraj Herz's delirious tale of terror Morgiana are also available on Second Run DVD.
Diamonds of the Night, Intimate Lighting and The Cremator are also available as individual releases.
"The Czech New Wave is perhaps one of the richest cinemas of the 20th century... A generation of Czech filmmakers gave us some of the most ingenious, original, innovative and most beautiful films in the entire history of cinema" MUBI
Diamonds of the Night:
"I watch this film and show it to my crew every time I start a new film" Agnieszka Holland,
Sight & Sound Director's Top 10 Greatest Films of All Time
"A love letter to cinema, describing all it can achieve and all it can inspire... unforgettable" CineOutsider
"A thrillingly original piece of cinema" FilmJournal.net
"A remarkable directorial debut... Němec's film is bleak, alternately realistic and hallucinatory" Chicago Reader
"(One) of the ten films which have most affected me"
"One of the best European films of the 1960s" Roger Ebert
"One of those very special movies... it loses none of its charm, to age or to repeated viewing" New York Times
"An enjoyably strange, undoubtedly original and occasionally terrifying film" Channel 4 Film Guide
"(The film has) a formally inventive nightmare texture which is still striking almost four decades later" Senses of Cinema